Sunday, July 14, 2013

Gathering moss

        The other day I had a customer ask me where I got the
moss to put on my Bonsai. Well when I go hunting trees to
dig up I also take note of any good moss to collect & when
I need some I go back & collect it :








                        I usually find it along the banks of creek beds
                        growing under some bushes or trees but it gets
                        some sunshine
                                   
      
                      or its out in full sunshine for part of the day


               
             
                        This is typical terrain for most of the creek beds in the area 




                        This is one of two cork bark pines I recently acquired


                        and this is the second I will post on their progress later




                                     
                        These are my cherry plum trees



                                          
                         They are producing edible fruit but I have to fight the
                         birds for them



                                     
                          and this is my Shaggy  Dog ficus its producing
                          decorative figs for the first time





                         Its taken five years to produce fruit




                         Sadly the tree that was presented to George & Laura
                         Bush was returned to me. They travel a lot &  they
                         forgot to have someone water it.  




                        It still has some life new leaves are coming in,we are
                        hopeful it will survive, will post on its progress.

        That's all for now will post again soon

                                                          
                                                   WAX ON ......................WAX OFF

 

No comments:

Post a Comment