Monday, February 15, 2010

Let it snow ,let it snow_____Bah ! humbug!

Enough with the snow already!!!!
















I thought it was pretty cool two snow falls, one in December & now one in Feb.
I went to bed thursday night thinking every thing was alright........wrong....this is what I woke up to Friday morning!




This snow laden branch had broken off and landed on the juniper below it & some of the
other bonsai trees around it.








This is the branch after I removed it form the nursery.






Luckily there was minimal damage done to the trees that were underneath.



Unfortunately the real damage was to the cold frame. The accumulative snowfall became to much wieght for the frame to hold up under & it collasped.





So I have my work cut out for me. My bonsai are still trapped in the cold frame 4 days because of the snow. Tomorrow I should be able to get rid of the rest of the snow and rescue them & see how much damage has been done.


No comments:

Post a Comment