Sunday, May 3, 2009

Boxwoods

I was on my way back from running a errand when I spied an old pickup truck with a load of shrubbery so I stopped & asked the owner when did you dig those up?. This morning he replied I was going to plant them in my yard. It was past 4 p.m. Hmm, I thought oh well I could chance it, old boxwoods are pretty tough shrubs!

I asked if he would consider selling some of them? Make me an offer I can't refuse he said. I dug around in my pocket & came up with $18.00-how about selling me three of them? I don't have any more money with me. Look in your wallet,he replied. I don't carry any money in my wallet,$18.00 is all I have. He said ok. I picked the three I thought would have the best chance of surviving.


This what they looked like before pruning the roots and foliage. While I was working on one I stuck the others into rain water so the roots wouldn't dry out.



This is the foliage that was cut off the 3 trees.


The results of the initial pruning of the roots and foliage & potting up .they will remain in these pots for 1 to 2 yrs if they survive. They will continue to receive top pruning after they sprout new growth; and further shaping after 1 yr.
I will post pictures periodically on their there progress.



1 comment:

  1. Wow,so cool!Wonderful blog.Coming to your blog We are very pleased to.
    Nice to meet you.We upload something about the works to the blog.
    We invite you to our blog.Look forward to your visit.Happy every day!

    http://china-cutter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete